Adamu Takele a lecturer of Health Informatics in the department of Health Informatics, Institute of Public Health, University of Gondar where he has been a faculty member since 2015.
Adamu completed his Master of Public Health degree in Health Informatics at University of Gondar and his undergraduate degree in Public Health at Jimma University. He has over 11 years of experience as a public health professional, educator and researcher. He has a solid background both in Public health and Health informatics, with specific training and expertise in Health information system and public health.
Adamu is currently a team member of eHealthLabEthiopia and a member of different national and global health informatics projects in the area of eHealth, mHealth with funding from major national and international organizations including; Ethiopian Ministry of Health, European Union and others. He is currently a PhD student in Public Health Informatics at University of Gondar. He has been working at BETTEReHEALTH Project since 2020.
He has published 5 peer-reviewed papers on mHealth, evidence based medicine and Public Health. His main research interests lie in the area of mHealth, eHealth, Health information system, Public Health and implementation science. He has collaborated actively with researchers in several other disciplines.
- Yisfa Getaneh, Elfalet Fekadu, Adamu Takele Jemere, Zelalem Mengistu, Gebrekidan Ewnetu Tarekegn and Mohammed Oumer: Incidence and determinants of adverse outcomes among women who were managed for eclampsia in the University of Gondar Comprehensive Specialized Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-021-04199-1
- Delelegn Emwodew, Tesfahun Melese, Adamu Takele, Nebiyu Mesfin and Binyam Tariku: Knowledge and Attitude Toward Evidence-Based Medicine and Associated Factors Among Medical Interns in Amhara Regional State Teaching Hospitals, Northwest Ethiopia: Cross-sectional Study. https://doi.org/10.2196/28739
- Delelegn Emwodew Yehualashet, Tesfahun Melese Yilma, Adamu Takele Jemere and Nebiyu Mesfin Gedlu: Factors Associated with Practicing Evidence-Based Medicine Among Medical Interns in Amhara Regional State Teaching Hospitals, Northwest Ethiopia: A Cross-Sectional Study. https://dx.doi.org/10.2147%2FAMEP.S320425
- Bereket Senay, Kassahun Dessie Gashu, Adamu Takele Jemere* and Zeleke Abebaw Mekonnen: Epileptic patients’ willingness to receive cell-phone based medication reminder in Northwest Ethiopia. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12911-019-0830-z
- Adamu Takele Jemere, Yohannes Ezezew Yeneneh, Biniam Tilahun, Fleur Fritz, Shitaye Alemu, Mihiretu Kebede: Access to mobile phone and willingness to receive mHealth services among patients with diabetes in Northwest Ethiopia: a cross-sectional study. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2018-021766