Amare Minyihun (MPH)
Title: Assistant Professor
E-mail: Amare Minyhun
Cell Phone: +251-912290034
Address: Gondar, Ethiopia.
Amare Minyihun is an assistant professor of Health Economics in the Department of Health Systems and Policy, the University of Gondar, where he has been a faculty member since 2016.
Amare completed his Master’s degree and undergraduate studies at the University of Gondar. He has over 13 years of experience as an environmental & public health professional, educator, and researcher. He has a solid background both in Public health and health economics, with specific training and expertise in Health care financing, health economics, health information systems, and public health. He was served as the head of the College of Medicine and Health Scicies Associate Registrar and Health Systems and Policy Department.
Amare is currently a core team of eHealth lab Ethiopia and a member of different national and global health projects in the area of health data quality and data use-with funding from major national and international organizations, including; Ethiopian Ministry of Health, WHO, and others.
He has been coordinating the training and mentorship program activity of the Capacity Building and Mentorship Project(CBMP), a five-year collaborative project to provide capacity building and mentorship in implementing the information revolution agenda in Amhara and Benshangul Gumuz regions since 2018. He led an implementation science research on Community to facility linkages for immunization service and compassionate, respectful, and caring service of the monitoring and evaluation program. He was also involved as a field supervisor for immunization practice.
He has published 17+ peer-reviewed papers on health systems and policy; Health Economics, and health care financing. His main research interests lie in the issues of health care financing, health economics, health program evaluation, health information systems, and implementation science. He has collaborated actively with researchers in several other disciplines. He has successfully coordinated several research projects to completion. Current Projects
- Capacity Building and Mentorship partnership
- Willingness to pay for community‑based health insurance and associated factors among rural households of Bugna District, Northeast Ethiopia. BMC Res Notes (2019)12:55 available at: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13104-019-4091
- Factors for healthcare utilization and effect of mutual health insurance on healthcare utilization in rural communities of South Achefer District, North West, Ethiopia. Health Economics Review (2018) 8:15 available at: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13561-018-0200-z
- Willingness to pay for improved solid waste management and associated factors among households in Injibara town, Northwest Ethiopia. BMC Res Notes (2019) 12:401 available at: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13104-019-4433-7
- Self‑care practice and associated factors among patients with diabetes mellitus on follow up at University of Gondar Referral Hospital, Gondar, Northwest Ethiopia. BMC Res Notes (2019) 12:591 available at: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13104-019-4630-4
- Fertility Desire and Associated Factors Among HIV Positive Women Attending ART Clinics in Amhara Region Referral Hospitals in Northwest Ethiopia, 2017. HIV/AIDS Research and Palliative Care 2019::11 247—254 available at: https://doi.org/10.2147/HIV.S221941