Lemma Derseh (MPH, PhD) is an associate professor of Biostatistics at University of Gondar, Ethiopia and has more than 35 publications. He has got his first degree in Statistics from Addis Ababa University. He earned his master’s degree in Epidemiology and Biostatistics from the University of Gondar in 2011. He also received his PhD degree in Public Health from the same University in May 2019. He was a German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholar for his PhD. He was a visiting Scholar in Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology – BIPS, Bremen, Germany in 2018 for three months. He was also a visiting Scholar at the Interuniversity Institute for Biostatistics and statistical Bioinformatics, Hasselt University, Belgium in 2015 for another three months.
Currently, he is working on four projects of which three of them are under the research team in University of Gondar, department of Health Informatics (eHealth Lab). One of these projects is an Implementation Research on Immunization and it is funded by World Health Organization. The two projects are from Capacity Building and Mentorship, and Data Use Partnership programs which are funded by Federal Ministry of Health. The fourth is on Migration and Quarantine Experiences, Psychosocial Problems, and Coping Mechanisms of Migrant Returnees in Quarantine Centers in Ethiopia; it was funded by NRF, South Africa. Currently, he is a Research and Publication Coordinator at University of Gondar, College of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Capacity Building and Mentorship
- Data Use Partnership Programs
- Lemma Derseh Gezie. Predictors of CD4 count over time among HIV patients initiated ART in Felege Hiwot Referral Hospital, northwest Ethiopia: Multilevel analysis. BMC Researchnotes. 2016;9(977).
- Lemma Derseh Gezie, Belaynew Wassie Taye, Melkie Edris. Unsafe sexual practice and factors affecting it among cross-border commercial sex workers in Mettema Yohannis, Amhara region, Ethiopia. Ethiop. J. Health Biomed Sci., 2012. Vol.1, No.1
- Mulugeta Gajaa, Negash Wakgari, Yigzaw Kebede and Lemma Derseh. Prevalence and associated factors of circumcision among daughters of reproductive aged women in the Hababo Guduru District, Western Ethiopia: a cross-sectional study. BMC women’s health. 2016; 16:42
- Taye Letta, Amsalu Feleke, Lemma Derseh. Assessment of Violence and Associated Factors among Rural High School Female Students, in Hadiya Zone, Ethiopia. Open Library Journal. 2014. Volume 1- 659
- Alemu Zenebe, Abebaw Gebeyehu, Lemma Derseh, Kedir Yimam. Male partner’s involvement in HIV Counseling and Testing and associated factors among partners of pregnant women in Gondar town, Northwest Ethiopia. Hindawi. 2016Lemma Derseh Gezie, Kassahun Alemu Gelaye, Abebaw Gebeyehu Worku, Tadesse Awoke Ayele, Destaw Fetenene Teshome. Time to immunologic recovery and determinant factors among adults who initiated ART in Felege Hiwot referral Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia. BMC Research Notes. 2017; 10:277