Tesfahun completed his BSc in Public health from the University of Gondar, Ethiopia, and an MSc in Health Informatics from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia. His research interests lie in the area of electronic community health information systems, data quality, and information use, health extension workers’ motivation to utilize the digital environment for community health information systems, implementation researches, and eHealth solutions for healthcare systems. Currently, he is a Ph.D. candidate in Public Health Informatics at the University of Gondar. His Ph.D. area focuses on the effect of electronic community health information systems on women’s completion of the maternal continuum of care in Northwest Ethiopia and the barriers and facilitators of electronic community health information system intervention in the case of Amhara regional state Ethiopia.
- Member in capacity building and mentorship project
- Member and researcher in an implementation research project in Wogera district, Northwest, Ethiopia
- Member and researcher in an implementation research project in the Benshangul Gummz region, Ethiopia
- Member in better eHealth project
- Endriyas M, Alano A, Mekonnen E, Ayele S, Kelaye T, Shiferaw M, Misganaw T, Samuel T, Hailemariam T, Hailu S. Understanding performance data: health management information system data accuracy in Southern Nations Nationalities and People’s Region, Ethiopia. BMC health services research. 2019 Dec;19(1):1-6.
- Madebo TH, Gezie LD, Teklu A, Mekonnen ZA, Shahabuddin A, Tilahun B. Immunization data quality and factors influencing data generation, handling and use in Wogera District, Northern Ethiopia, 2020. Ethiopian Journal of Health Development. 2021 Nov 25;35(3).
- Hailemariam T, Meshesha M, Worku A (2015) Application of Data Mining Techniques to Predict Adult Mortality: The Case of Butajira Rural Health Program, Butajira,Ethiopia. J Health Med Informat 6: 197. doi:10.4172/2157-7420.1000197
- Elias B, Hailemariam T (2015) Implants Contraceptive Utilization and Factors Associated among Married Woendrimen in the Reproductive Age Group (18-49 Year) in Southern Ethiopia. J Women’s Health Care 4: 281. doi:10.4172/2167-0420.1000281
- Dejene G, Hailemariam T (2015) Utilization of Institutional Delivery Services and Associated Factors among Mothers in Semi-pastoralist, Southern Ethiopia. J Women’s Health Care 4: 280. doi:10.4172/2167-0420.1000280